Rosacea Treatment with DM|MD Skin Care in Boca Raton, FL
Rosacea is a skin condition that causes flushing and redness. Although the exact cause of rosacea is not known, certain factors increase the likelihood of having rosacea.
Rosacea Before and After DM|MD Skin Care Procedure
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic disorder primarily centered on the facial skin, though it can also occur on the neck, chest, scalp or ears. Rosacea can occur with cycles of flare-ups and remissions. Although rosacea can affect all segments of the population, individuals in the following categories tend to be more likely affected:
- Age 30 to 50
- Scandinavian or Celtic heritage
- Having light skin, especially when coupled with blue eyes and blonde hair)
- High levels of acne, especially nodules and cysts
- Family history of advanced acne and/or rosacea
Clinical studies have found some intriguing commonalities among people with rosacea.
- Immune hypersensitivity to a certain type of bacteria (bacillus oleronius)
- H pylori infection
- Abnormally high levels of demodex (skin mites that naturally occur in human skin)
- Physiological processes related to cathelicidin, a protein that serves as a natural protectant for the skin
How can the DM|MD procedure help my Rosacea?
Rosacea cannot be cured, so the goal of treatment is to minimize outbreaks and symptoms. You can make certain lifestyle changes, such as avoiding alcohol and reducing your stress. DM|MD treatments are proven to treat the superficial signs of rosacea, such as pustules and cysts while soothing the skin to minimize redness and flushing. Face peels are not appropriate for every type of rosacea, so you should schedule a consultation with Dr. Man first. He will evaluate your skin and ask questions to understand how rosacea has impacted your quality of life. He will then make recommendations for ways that you can better manage your symptoms. If he feels that the DM|MD treatment will improve your rosacea symptoms, either as a standalone treatment or in combination with other skin rejuvenation treatments, he explains the procedure and what to expect from the treatment.